Sunday, November 16, 2008

Why cry?

We had our last attempt at rehearsal this morning for the Children's Sacrament Meeting Presentation. It was not as good as I planned, to say the least!

We only had about 30 minutes that we could actually be in the chapel because of the other ward starting their sacrament meeting and the children actually did sing very well while we were there. However, they don't seem to want to stand still or keep their arms down.

After we left the chapel, we went to the Primary room and continued to practice. I became quite frustrated after Brennan read his talk. I'm even not sure the word 'read' is good to use.

I ended up crying after that one. Not the happy cry, either!

We ended up cutting several verses out of a few songs and cut a complete song out of the program. I'm ready to be done with this. I thought that I had escaped the stress associated with doing the program, but I was WRONG!

I'll just continue to think, "Next week at this time, it will be all over!"


6 people said:

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

They will behave better next I am sure. They just want to test you!! I have never felt the spirit so strong in the Primary program as I have in your ward. You do a great job!

Anonymous said...

I mirror Holly... and their parents will be in the audience... so they're bound to behave then!! :-) At least you know you did YOUR best, and you know what, Mel...that's all that matters in the end.

Deanna said...

The Primary program is not for woosies! It is never an easy task. It's tough to wrangle so many kids to be still with an audience. It's amazing how the Spirit magnifies their efforts. Hang in there. I know it can be a rough job, but very rewarding on the other side of it.

Mary said...

Melody, you don't realize how well they sang when we were in the chapel because you were right in the middle of everything going on. They will do great next week. You will see. I wish I could be there to feel the spirit that will be present when they sing all those songs. RELAX!

nanamoo said...

Oh please don't worry. It will be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

You have done all you can, and the Spirit will take over. Just wait and see how wonderful those little "angels" sound next week!