Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Not too much happened in the Shipley house today. I finished up the cooking/baking that I started yesterday. I made 2 chess pies, 2 hams and 2 green been casseroles. I took half of that over to the Bell's for their Thanksgiving dinner.

I thought it was very sweet that they would invite us over to their house when it was already going to be full with family.

After eating we came home and Lauklan and I hung up the remaining lights. I just wanted to put up 4 strands right above the front door. Of course, that is where it is the highest, but the kids helped me as much as they could and I got them up.

Not 5 minutes later, Aislinn pulled on the extension cord and ALL the lights came tumbling down!

So, I did it again. Thankfully, they are still up. I sure hope they stay that way.

3 people said:

Mary said...

I am impressed with all the baking you did. I never would have thought that about you.

debbie said...

That is funny about the lights. It sounds like a movie.

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

Where was Chris during the light time? He does not like to do that does he?

It's about time you post!