Kerstyn with the birthday cake that doesn't have her name spelled correctly! It's ok though, because it tasted really good the kids tell me!
Early this morning before school, Kerstyn had to pose for the birthday picture with the showing of hands how old she is.I sent Kerstyn to school with cookies to share with her class. She really seemed to like that because she usually doesn't have school on her birthday. So, this was a treat.
The birthday person always gets to pick where we have dinner and Kerstyn's pick was Jeremiah's. We had a pretty good time and then came home to showers/baths and of course, cupcake cake.
Publix apparently can't read their own writing, because Kerstyn's cake said KerEtyn instead of KerStyn! I was in too big of a hurry to fuss so we just decided to ignore it. :)
Aislinn update -
She seems to of perked up a little this afternoon but was not so great tonight. Hopefully it was just because she was tired. I spoke with Dr. Montanae (her nephrologist) this morning about what was going on. She told me that the reason the ER doctor didn't give her the IV Cipro was because he felt she wasn't that sick! Dr. Montanae then said, well he doesn't know Aislinn like we do and he didn't know that she doesn't act nearly as sick as she really is. SO - Dr. Montanae told me to call her if Aislinn didn't start to get better or got worse and that she would have to admit Aislinn to the hospital again. The urine specimen last night showed that she does have the infection again. Apparently the antibiotic that Aislinn has been on the last 10 days did not work.
What is worry some, among many things, is that Cipro can damage the liver. The doctor says we don't have a choice right now since it is the ONLY thing that works!
I pray that we can get through this. I mean, I know we will, but what will we have to do to get there?
Please pray for sweet Aislinn Grace's little body. That infection is sure persistent!
The birthday person always gets to pick where we have dinner and Kerstyn's pick was Jeremiah's. We had a pretty good time and then came home to showers/baths and of course, cupcake cake.
Publix apparently can't read their own writing, because Kerstyn's cake said KerEtyn instead of KerStyn! I was in too big of a hurry to fuss so we just decided to ignore it. :)
Aislinn update -
She seems to of perked up a little this afternoon but was not so great tonight. Hopefully it was just because she was tired. I spoke with Dr. Montanae (her nephrologist) this morning about what was going on. She told me that the reason the ER doctor didn't give her the IV Cipro was because he felt she wasn't that sick! Dr. Montanae then said, well he doesn't know Aislinn like we do and he didn't know that she doesn't act nearly as sick as she really is. SO - Dr. Montanae told me to call her if Aislinn didn't start to get better or got worse and that she would have to admit Aislinn to the hospital again. The urine specimen last night showed that she does have the infection again. Apparently the antibiotic that Aislinn has been on the last 10 days did not work.
What is worry some, among many things, is that Cipro can damage the liver. The doctor says we don't have a choice right now since it is the ONLY thing that works!
I pray that we can get through this. I mean, I know we will, but what will we have to do to get there?
Please pray for sweet Aislinn Grace's little body. That infection is sure persistent!


4 people said:
Happy Birthday KerEtyn, I mean Kerstyn, he he!
Happy birthday, Kerstyn. Hope you had a sweet one.
Melody, hang in there. I will pray for her when I go to the temple today. Wish you could go too!
Sheesh, that girl has been through a lot in her short years. She'll come through with flying colors and she (and you) will be able to conquer anything!
Happy Birthday KerStyn!!! :)
What a beautiful birthday girl!
I hope your little one starts feeling better soon. We are praying for her.
Post a Comment