It's a little after 1 a.m. and Chris and I just got back home with Aislinn from the Emergency Room at Arnold Palmer.
I finally got to speak with the nephrologist around 7:30 and she said that she wanted us to take Aislinn to the Emergency Room so that she could get a urine sample and start her on Cipro (antibiotics) again. She told me on the phone that she wanted to do it by IV, but the doctors in the ER didn't do it.
Aislinn's urine is deteriorating which means her health is also. We had gotten a clean urine specimen last week and now, it is off again, so we were right to be concerned about her. I just know when my child is not doing well, and she isn't. She was complaining that she had to go to the bathroom all the time and she was very cranky!
The nephrologist now knows that she will not respond to any antibiotic EXCEPT the Cipro. I sure pray that she will continue to respond to that, or I don't know what will happen.
They also treated her asthma while we were there. I hope to get everything under control soon.
I finally got to speak with the nephrologist around 7:30 and she said that she wanted us to take Aislinn to the Emergency Room so that she could get a urine sample and start her on Cipro (antibiotics) again. She told me on the phone that she wanted to do it by IV, but the doctors in the ER didn't do it.
Aislinn's urine is deteriorating which means her health is also. We had gotten a clean urine specimen last week and now, it is off again, so we were right to be concerned about her. I just know when my child is not doing well, and she isn't. She was complaining that she had to go to the bathroom all the time and she was very cranky!
The nephrologist now knows that she will not respond to any antibiotic EXCEPT the Cipro. I sure pray that she will continue to respond to that, or I don't know what will happen.
They also treated her asthma while we were there. I hope to get everything under control soon.


6 people said:
Oh, poor Aislinn. Not again. I've been out of the loop, but she and you are in our prayers again. Hang in there.
A mother always knows her children. Just a little bit longer before she will be okay.
Oh, Melody, I am so sorry. I will put her at the top of my prayers.
So sorry to hear about Aislinn not feeling well. I noticed she didn't seem her smiley self yesterday. We'll keep her in our prayers. You too!! :)
Oh my goodness. The sweet little thing is still struggling. Praying for you all.
Oh, Melody, please know that our prayers and hearts are with you now! And when do I get to watch the kids? I know how to call in sick to work and how to drive to the middle of nowhere to find you!
Post a Comment