Wednesday, November 19, 2008

An act of service

All of the Eustis Ward Primary children from ages 8 - 11 did some service to fellow ward members last night. We actually had more than just the 8 - 11 kids because we had all of my kids and Camryn was there with Ethan. So, it was most of the Eustis Primary.

We sang I Am A Child of God as our opening song and I was caught off guard at how strong the spirit was when the children started singing. I talked with the kids that were in my car later in the evening when we were delivering cookies about that spirit that I felt. They said that they felt it too. We all commented how wonderful it is that the spirit can be so strong, even in some one's house!

We proceeded to bake cookies and just have a good time while we waited for them to be done. We ate as many as we could, then headed off to Sister McGrath's grandmother that lives in a nursing home to deliver one of the plates. She seemed pleased to have us there and we sang her I Am A Child of God and then left.

Hannah Boatwright's house was next and I hope that Hannah appreciated it, but it was hard to tell. Anyway, she knows that we miss her and are thinking of her, I am sure.

We had a good time and the children seemed to really enjoy just being together.


1 people said:

nanamoo said...

how very sweet!