Saturday, January 31, 2009

New York City, Day 2

The view from our room. Times Square, well some of it.
We woke up this morning and went to the USS Intrepid that was docked at the pier. It is a retired Air Craft Carrier. I was glad to go on it because my dad lived on one for a few years during Vietnam.
See the white stuff by Chris's feet? It was about 20 degrees today.
Chris having fun.
That is cramped quarters, for sure. Dad, I don't know how you did it.
Chris and I on the Intrepid.

Following our neat visit to the aircraft carrier, we headed to Tavern on the Green for our lunch reservations.
Me at Tavern on the Green
Chris with the cake that I had made for him. It was EXACTLY what I wanted!
One of the several Hot Chocolates that I consumed during our trip. This was at a Starbucks off of Wall Street. We had to go in there to warm up. It was after dark and really windy, which made the temperatures even worse.
Finally, found the bull!
We enjoyed riding the subway to and from the World Trade Center site and back to Times Square. It's a whole world under there!

1 people said:

debbie said...

The picture of you at Tavern on the Green is beautiful. You look so stress free. I'm jealous. I need a getaway, a far far away.