Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ward Conference

We had Ward Conference today. For those of you that don't know what that means, it just means that all of your stake leaders are there and they come to teach and watch what is going on in your ward.

The primary was asked to sing the prelude music. We were supposed to start about 10 minutes before Sacrament meeting was to begin and end about 1 minute before the 12:30 start time.

The children sang beautifully! We sang If The Savior Stood Beside Me, Teach Me To Walk In The Light and closed with Love is Spoken Here. The only thing that could have been better was if my children had actually been there!

I had to be at church at 11 for a Ward Council meeting with the Stake Leaders, so I left Chris home with the kids with directions to be at church 15 minutes early. Well, as you know from the previous paragraph, that didn't happen!

When I asked Chris why he wasn't there, he kind of cracked me up. He said that they didn't do anything that he asked and that he couldn't get ready. I know exactly what he means since I live that life everyday.

I went out to call Chris right after we finished the prelude music and he was pulling into the parking lot. I walked in with 3 out of the 5 kids in time for the last verse of the opening hymn. I was sitting there wondering why the opening prayer person wasn't coming up to do the prayer and then I realized that I was the person saying the opening prayer! OOPS! So I hustled to the stand and gave the prayer. Oh my!

The rest of church ran smoothly and it was a nice Sabbath day.

1 people said:

Jennettehogan said...

Wow - your Sundays sound just like mine!! Gotta love it though.....

BTW - that WAS Hudson Beach! Good 'ole Hudson Beach.
It's a good place to go get some cute pic's of kids at a beach without having to go to far!!