Friday, January 29, 2010

A Salt Lake City Anniversary!

Chris and I arrived in Salt Lake City airport around 10:15 this morning. We rented our car and headed down to Orem, where Gail and David, my cousins live. Gail had to teach school today, but David was anxiously awaiting our arrival.
I was quite hungry when we got there, since I hadn't eaten and it was around 1 before we got to their house and unpacked, so we headed to Chef's Table to eat lunch. The view was wonderful, from our table, we could see the Provo temple, which is neat to us since seeing a temple isn't quite the 'everyday' thing for us.
After lunch, I asked David to take some pictures of Chris and I but, the only one I got was the one that I took below of the ice in the fountain because, of course, my battery died...

It's cold there.

I put in a new battery and snapped some pictures outside David and Gail's house. As you can see, there was quite a bit of that 'white stuff' around.

The picture above was taken outside their home also. I think that the view is just beautiful. It is so different for us to look around and see mountains. I also like this picture because it is taken on our 16th wedding anniversary. Wow, we've changed! But, we're still taking this life on together, so that is good.

Below, of course, is the Provo temple which Chris was glad to see since he fondly remembers his trips there while in the M.T.C.

After driving around the Provo and Orem area, Gail arrived home and we headed up to Sundance for dinner. It was really cold up there, about 23 degrees and I was glad to get inside as quickly as possible.

To me, all these pictures say is COLD!

I took a picture of the icicles for the kids because they really think they are cool.

Dinner at Sundance was really nice. It was great to celebrate our anniversary dinner there and to be able to be together and have David and Gail along too.

Happy 16 years to us, Utah style!

2 people said:

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

Now I see some snow there. Love you jacket!

Laurel said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! (But in a "brrrr, that looks WAY too cold for me" sort of way) :) Happy Anniversary!