Saturday, January 09, 2010

Ice and sleet

We have been experiencing very cold weather lately. It is winter, I am aware, but I do live in Florida and that usually means that we have a few days of freezing weather and then we are done. At least for a few weeks. We do that typically a few times a year. But, not right now! We have had temperatures in the 20's at night and only in the low 40's during the day. It has been this way for over a week. Cold, cold, cold! I took this picture this afternoon and it can certainly speak for itself.

Chris spoke at a baptism this morning while I went to cycle class in the sleet. It was really neat for the kids to experience the weather.

This afternoon, we decided that we would try and stay warm so we went to the movie theater to see the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. The heat was broken in the theater and we practically froze in there. I think I would have, but I kept my body heat up by shoving popcorn into my mouth as quickly as possible!

The kids really enjoyed the movie so that was fun to see.

I had to take Aislinn to After Hour Pediatrics tonight because she started complaining of her ear hurting and it hurting to swallow. Since Aislinn has quite a pain tolerance, I figured I needed to be concerned. The doctor diagnosed her with strep throat. Poor thing! She is on amoxicllin and I hope she improves quickly.

Busy Saturday, as you can see.

0 people said: