Friday, January 15, 2010

Date night and Shakedown

Chris and I finally left for our date around 7 tonight. I had to take Brennan out to Camp La No Che around 6 to drop him off for his first Shakedown Campout. I don't pick him up until Sunday after church. It is really exciting for Chris and I that Brennan has the opportunity to participate in the National Jamboree this summer. It is the hundredth anniversary of Scouting on top of all the other great stuff that will happen this summer! We keep telling Brennan how it will be an experience of a lifetime. I hope that he really takes advantage of all it has to offer.
I am kind of scared though because it is supposed to rain and/or storm on Saturday night. That puts me into 'mom mode' and I find myself worried about my son being out in a tent in the middle of a field while it is raining sideways with high winds, lightning and thunder. Hmmm, not good.
So, after I dropped Brennan off, I headed to the office to get Chris. It was too late to get to a seven o'clock movie, so we decided just to do dinner. When we got to Chili's, apparently everyone in Mount Dora was there, so after visiting with Linda and Cindy, that I used to teach with at Round Lake, Chris and I headed to Outback in Leesburg.
We waited about 30 minutes at Outack, but had a lovely dinner with good food and great company.

1 people said:

SpaceyKasey said...

Stormy camping builds character and great tall tales!