Friday, October 23, 2009

Millennial Day

Our stake participated with the Pompano Beach Stake in a Millennial Day at the temple. We were to fill all the sessions on this day. It doesn't sound like quite a big deal at first, but when you step back and really think, it was quite a big deal to get it organized and make sure that it ran smoothly.

It has been told that the Orlando Temple usually runs at about 35% capacity. Well, not today. It was buzzing with patrons going about the work of redeeming the dead.

Genealogy had been done so we would have names to do. Some people had been done a long time ago and some recently.

Baptisms and confirmations were performed.

Initiatories and endowments followed and sealings too.

I felt overwhelmed when I entered the temple. I saw familiar face after familiar face. I thought to myself that this was how it was going to be in eternity. I would see many familiar faces.

Chris, Debbie Clayton and I got there early and we were able to go into the 7:30 session instead of the 8 session that we were assigned.

The name I was given was a member of the Berge family. I knew without a doubt that she had been waiting for this day. I had been waiting for this day!

I can't express how much it meant to me to be a part of this day. All I can say, is that it is a day I will always remember.

1 people said:

nanamoo said...

Me too :)