After a busy, but good day visiting Mom (Nancy) in Lakeland, we came home and were relaxing. Kerstyn stayed here and went to her Stake Activity Day activity and we kept in touch through texting and phone calls after her activity was over.
After we got home, all of the kids were outside playing with their friends when in runs one of the kids saying that Kerstyn just fell off the RipStick. I ran to her fearing that she had really hurt herself.
Come to find out, she was riding the thing without a helmet and without permission, but it happened. She decided that she would go all the way down the driveway which can get you going pretty fast with the hill at the top.
When I got to her, she was lying on the driveway crying but I quickly found out that she did not have a broken bone. However, she had quite a bang to her head. The accident happened about 7:30.
I had her put ice on it and shower. She did not feel like eating. We made her sit up with Chris and I but at 9, she vomited. She did it again at 9:30 and we determined that she should go to the ER. Chris gave her a blessing and we headed off.
They did a cat scan and examined her. At 1:15, they sent us home saying that I did the right thing to bring her in given the vomiting and that I should bring her back if she does it again or gets worse.
Thankfully, she has been doing okay.
Too close for comfort though. I sure hope she has learned her lesson about the helmet.
After we got home, all of the kids were outside playing with their friends when in runs one of the kids saying that Kerstyn just fell off the RipStick. I ran to her fearing that she had really hurt herself.
Come to find out, she was riding the thing without a helmet and without permission, but it happened. She decided that she would go all the way down the driveway which can get you going pretty fast with the hill at the top.
When I got to her, she was lying on the driveway crying but I quickly found out that she did not have a broken bone. However, she had quite a bang to her head. The accident happened about 7:30.
I had her put ice on it and shower. She did not feel like eating. We made her sit up with Chris and I but at 9, she vomited. She did it again at 9:30 and we determined that she should go to the ER. Chris gave her a blessing and we headed off.
They did a cat scan and examined her. At 1:15, they sent us home saying that I did the right thing to bring her in given the vomiting and that I should bring her back if she does it again or gets worse.
Thankfully, she has been doing okay.
Too close for comfort though. I sure hope she has learned her lesson about the helmet.


3 people said:
Oh no, Melody! I'm so glad to hear that she's ok! You are going to need a serious vacation soon, after handling the family having the flu and now this :) You (& the family)will be in my prayers :)
Not fun! I bet your tired today after a late night. Hope she gets all better.
Oh man! How scary! I'm glad to hear she's okay! Hopefully she'll feel better soon.
Post a Comment