Monday, September 29, 2008

Trying

I am going to try to not focus on the negative, but remember the positive more often. It is easier said than done for me, as I am sure that it is for many of you.

Elder Uchtdorf had a great talk Saturday night referencing these aspects of life. He had such sweet humor, but also had a powerful message.

This work is great. Our opportunities to serve are endless. Our Heavenly Father does not expect us to be perfect, just try our hardest.

I shall try...

I look forward to hearing MANY uplifting messages this weekend during General Conference.

2 people said:

Anonymous said...

Try this quote:

"Can or cannot. Either way, you are right."

Here's another one this one is from Henry Ford:

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.

Just more food for thought. :-)

nanamoo said...

I totally loved the "creative" aspect to his talk...I just keep thinking about it. Can't wait to really study it out! I thought the compassion part was awesome too and how he tied them together was wonderful.

Maybe we should talk about that at book club...or we could have another group...conference club! Seriously, I want to talk about it.