Friday, September 26, 2008

Less serious

I'm going to try to be less "deep".

I think that I have just had several things happen around me lately that have caused me to stop and ponder many things.

Like the couple that was burned in the plane crash in Arizona. They are fighting so valiantly, but they life that they knew will be no more. I pray for them and their family daily.

The economy is cause for great concern. I never knew that there would be a time in my life that I would be thankful for just having a job. Not a job that I liked or a job that paid well, but just a job in general. Now, I know that I don't really have a typical job, I work for Chris, but I am so thankful that Chris has a job, so that we have food to eat, a place to live, etc. These times are scary. Anyone remembering about 12 - 14 years ago when President Hinckley told us to get our houses in order in General Conference? Hum...

Even Debbie Clayton's surprise surgery has caused me to ponder. I know that it wasn't anything majorly wrong, but you just can't take life for granted.

I thought I was going to be less "deep". What happened?

Brennan and Chris are off to camp tonight through late tomorrow night. I hope that the weather stays pretty so that they can have a good time.

The other kids and I plan on just having fun. I hope to be able to find some way to go to the General Relief Society Broadcast tomorrow night. I guess I need to hunt for a babysitter since Chris and Brennan won't be getting home until around 11.

5 people said:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't implying that being "deep" was bad or wrong...just not used to you being on that end of the spectrum. :-) I really love who you are and enjoy reading your posts, daily! :-)

Laurel said...

I agree. Everything is so crazy right now! We are so fortunate to have a steady income and a roof over our heads. This seems silly, but I was standing in the shower yesterday (my only moment of peace) and was thinking how grateful I am for hot running water! Something so simple, but it reminded me how blessed we really are!

nanamoo said...

Do you have the BYU channel? If not, come to my house :)
Give me a call.

Dransfield Diaries said...

I know how it is Melody. We too are thankful for jobs right now. I have been blessed to find a great job with full time pay for part time hours. I am thankful for listening to the prophet and look forward to Women's Conference tomorrow. If only the rest of the world knew where to turn for peace. Your family is beautiful.

SpaceyKasey said...

I totally relate to this. Perhaps we can be deep, but not heavy.

Or was that too deep? :)