President Monson - You're going to miss this! He focused on living in the now and finding joy. I loved how he put so many wonderful aspects of this mortal life in perspective. Every time I Windex the fingerprints, I'm going to think of his talk. I'm serious, every time!
Elder Bednar - Prayer. I just loved how he challenged us to say a prayer of only thanksgiving. I'm sure that will have a profound effect on me.
Elder Nelson - Marriage is between one man and woman. I loved how he compared marriage to shopping. You can go for the okay, but not the best option which would be marriage, but not temple marriage, however, I loved how he said that you could upgrade and get the celestial marriage if you are faithful. You can go for the best, temple marriage or you can "shoplift" marriage. I enjoyed hearing again how important family is, and how we CAN be together forever, for I want nothing more than that!
I have other points that stuck out to me, but I'm in a blur as to who exactly said what.
I enjoyed the talk where we were told how our dress is important because it affects our demeanor. How important sacrament meeting is and how vital our dress and attitude are in our ability to worship.
I enjoyed the many testimonies of the leaders. Each one of them touched my life.
I truly enjoyed the music, however, I have to admit that the Primary Children's Choir was absolutely amazing! Did you hear them? I loved each of their songs but, the closing song, We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet was just beautiful. How He does guide us in these latter days! What a blessing!
Thursday Yamagandam
2 years ago


3 people said:
Those kids brought me to tears...the good kind :)
I'm with you. President Monson and Elder Bednar really impressed me. I love how Elder Bednar talked about an "ongoing prayer." So insightful!
Post a Comment