I woke up this morning to Kerstyn screaming at the top of her lungs. I went to where she was screaming, the bathroom in her room, and found her standing, that's right, STANDING, on top of the counter.
She saw a spider.
Seriously, has she forgotten that we live in central Florida?
I then had a rough morning because Aislinn woke up with a fever and so Chris and I had to decide who would stay home with her. We decided on Chris, but of course, I was preoccupied and worried about her all morning.
I had another tense discussion with Chris regarding work/finances. Well, maybe tense isn't the word, but I got upset, we'll just put it at that. I calmed down in a few minutes, which I always do, and loaded the non-sick children in the car and headed to church.
They, meaning the children, were actually quite good today during sacrament meeting. Thank goodness!
The talks were just amazing this morning. Now, I know I am partial to Debbie, but she did an amazing job.
The closing speaker was Brother Wise and he spoke on tithing. My 'earlier in the morning breakdown' had been right after I finished writing the tithing check. Not because of the tithing check, but I guess it just caused me to think about some other things. I just knew that it was NOT coincidence that there was a talk today on tithing. I know that I was supposed to hear that talk to remind myself of things I already know to be true.
Tithing is an opportunity that I have to show my faith. It is not something that is to burden me or to cause stress. Another tender mercy, perhaps?
She saw a spider.
Seriously, has she forgotten that we live in central Florida?
I then had a rough morning because Aislinn woke up with a fever and so Chris and I had to decide who would stay home with her. We decided on Chris, but of course, I was preoccupied and worried about her all morning.
I had another tense discussion with Chris regarding work/finances. Well, maybe tense isn't the word, but I got upset, we'll just put it at that. I calmed down in a few minutes, which I always do, and loaded the non-sick children in the car and headed to church.
They, meaning the children, were actually quite good today during sacrament meeting. Thank goodness!
The talks were just amazing this morning. Now, I know I am partial to Debbie, but she did an amazing job.
The closing speaker was Brother Wise and he spoke on tithing. My 'earlier in the morning breakdown' had been right after I finished writing the tithing check. Not because of the tithing check, but I guess it just caused me to think about some other things. I just knew that it was NOT coincidence that there was a talk today on tithing. I know that I was supposed to hear that talk to remind myself of things I already know to be true.
Tithing is an opportunity that I have to show my faith. It is not something that is to burden me or to cause stress. Another tender mercy, perhaps?


6 people said:
i liked that talk too
it was scary mom!
I love you Melody! I appreciated our bonding moment at church today too.
Spiders and cockroaches are always scary, no matter how long you live in Florida. Hope Aislinn feels better soon.
Kerstyn is so funny. Spiders are worst here in Germany, but NO COCKROACHES!!!!
Nashua and Nellie feel your pain Kerstyn. Girls are allowed to scream in the presence of spiders.
Post a Comment