Monday, October 27, 2008

Prayers requested

Most of you know that while Aislinn was in utero, they detected an issue with her right kidney and the ureter that left that kidney and went to the bladder. The doctors did ultrasounds frequently through my pregnancy and on her right after birth. We followed up with the nephrologist, did tests, etc, etc. Until we got to the point where they said that it looked like everything was fine when she was about six months old.

Out of the blue in July, you might remember when I had to come home early from Ft. Myers Beach because she had a UTI. That UTI was resistant to the antibiotics and she was really sick. It took us 3 or 4 different medications, IV antibiotics and other things to finally get her on the mend.

When we finally got her "well" they sent us to Florida Hospital for them to do an ultrasound and another test to see if her bladder was draining correctly. They found that the bladder IS draining correctly, but it looked like she has TWO, yes 2, ureters that are coming out of the right kidney. They couldn't see where one of the ureters was draining, and they suggested to us that we needed follow up with the nephrologist.

I called and got an appointment in July for the end of August (which was the first available appointment). I had to cancel that appointment because of Tropical Storm Fay. The next available was in September, they canceled that one and then the next was in November. I have been worried that something might be wrong and that this appointment was too far away.

Well, Saturday afternoon, as I mentioned in earlier posts, Aislinn started running a fever. The fever has been persistent since and I have to give her Motrin and Tylenol constantly. When the fever returns, it is quite high, getting higher each time. It's now around 102.6 when it spikes.

I took her to the pediatrician this morning. She couldn't find anything really wrong with her. The urine sample showed an off white blood cell count, some protein and blood in her urine, but it wasn't what the doctor said would be an obvious UTI. Dr. Soto did start her on an antibiotic, given her history, and said that she would send the sample to the lab and let me know the results.

About an hour later, Aislinn was shaking and crying with another high fever, and she said, "I'm not getting better yet because Daddy hasn't given me a blessing."

I took her to Chris as soon as I could and she asked him for a blessing.

Now for the reason that I am asking for prayers.

The blessing was not what Chris wanted to say. He wanted to tell her that she would be ok, and he said he just "couldn't say it". When he finished the blessing, he fell to his knees and cried while he held Aislinn.

We now have an appointment with the nephrologist tomorrow at 3. Please pray that all of this will work out and that Aislinn will be healed.

Her little body is fighting and it must win.

It must!

15 people said:

Anonymous said...

We will pray for our little angel. We will pray our Aislinn will be fine.We love you very much!! PaPa

Anonymous said...

Melody,
I have been praying for Aislinn all day. I feel that she will be fine. I love her so much.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mel!! Know that my thoughts are with our little "boss"... I love you!

Tricia said...

Oh, my heart is breaking. I'll definitely have you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Deanna said...

I am so sorry to hear your little one is so ill. She sounds like she is filled with faith. Hopefully we can match hers with ours. We will be praying for her and you and Chris. Much love to you!

nanamoo said...

I've had Aislinn in my heart and on my mind ever since Chris called this afternoon. I will continue to pray for her and for you all.

Ashlea said...

I will have her in my prayers and her faithful Mommy and Daddy too.

debbie said...

We will pray for Aislinn and all of the family. We love all of you.

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

The tears are just coming down my face! I will pray for her, please let me know how she is doing!

Laurel said...

I am so sorry your family is going through this! We have been praying for her and will continue to do so!

Melanie said...

More prayers from us for Aislinn and your family. We're thinking of you.

Lugo's said...

We have all of you in our prayers. Please remember that we are your ward family and if you need any help with the other children, let us know.

SpaceyKasey said...

Of course we are praying for her. And you! We love you.

Rhea said...

We will keep you and Aislinn in our prayers. Hoping that everything works out. Let us know if you need anything. We love you!

Anonymous said...

i said lots!!!!!!