Chris and I had the opportunity last night to go hear Elder Johnson of the First Quorum of the Seventy talk to us. (Us, you see, no-one else, even if there were 200 or so others there...)
Anyway, we were to bring our Preach My Gospel books with us. President Carter spoke briefly in the beginning and then the Orlando Florida Mission President spoke also. They were both sharing messages of hope and joy, eternal joy, the joy that is brought through Jesus Christ.
Elder Johnson had a message of joy also. He also told us to look for messages of unity from General Conference. He reminded us of what unity can do. How if we are united, we can accomplish great things, that we could never accomplish on our own. He focused on the scriptures and I took many notes. He told us to pray last night while on our knees to know who in our lives are ready and needing to hear our message. Our message of Jesus Christ and the restored gospel. If you want to read what Sister Carter got out of it, click here.
Chris and I knelt by our bed last night and I prayed. I thanked my Heavenly Father for my MANY blessings. I prayed earnestly for my family and friends. Then, as instructed, I asked my Father in Heaven to help me in sharing the gospel. I know that He will.
I am so thankful that I was able to go last night. To sit at Elder Johnson's feet and learn from him.



2 people said:
Good joy, Molly, ha ha!
You are such a good example to all your family and friends.
It was truly wonderful!
Post a Comment