I was released as the Eustis Ward Primary President yesterday, Sunday, May 3, 2009. I was called to that position on August 8, 2004.
Yes, that is right, 4 years and almost 9 months ago.
I have cried.
A lot!
I have never loved a calling like I loved being the children's primary president.
I love each and every one of those children.
I have watched them grow physically and more importantly spiritually.
I had the opportunity to serve each one of my own children as their primary president.
I think that I only had one Sunday, out of all of them, that I could say, "I had a bad day".
Each and every Sunday, the spirit was present. Each and every Sunday, I learned something from those children. Each and every Sunday, I left knowing that the church is true.
Each and every one!
So, I ask myself the question, repeatedly. "Have I done any good in the world today?"
I pray so. I truly do.
Yes, that is right, 4 years and almost 9 months ago.
I have cried.
A lot!
I have never loved a calling like I loved being the children's primary president.
I love each and every one of those children.
I have watched them grow physically and more importantly spiritually.
I had the opportunity to serve each one of my own children as their primary president.
I think that I only had one Sunday, out of all of them, that I could say, "I had a bad day".
Each and every Sunday, the spirit was present. Each and every Sunday, I learned something from those children. Each and every Sunday, I left knowing that the church is true.
Each and every one!
So, I ask myself the question, repeatedly. "Have I done any good in the world today?"
I pray so. I truly do.


8 people said:
Primary is such a wonderful place to be. I know you will be missed!
Congrats to you on a job well done. I'm sure you will be a blessing to those your serve in your next calling just as much as you were for those kids.
love all the pictures. My computer is messed up. I have to mail it to mom to take it to Best Buy to fix it :( I feel so out of touch without it. Going to the Library to check email is not fun with children.
Those kids were blessed to have such a dedicated leader.
Maybe now it's time to move on to Relief Society President??? :)
that is a long time to be president of anything much less Primay, kudos to you. Are you getting a break or do you have a new calling?
And you look VERY good! How long have you been working out? I keep on a waiting for a change and it's been three months, but I'm cheating like crazy on the diet front.
I wish our Primary President had your good attitude. Those kids were so blessed to have you as their leader! Do you have a new calling?
Thank you! you were a great primary pres..
You were great in Primary. They always release you from your calling when you start to do it great.
Post a Comment