Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Another procedure needed

I took Aislinn to her urologist appointment this morning. She has now developed what they call reflux. That is where the urine backs out of the bladder and back into the ureter and kidney. It makes you sick, just like she has been getting sick. Dr. Rich said that she will continue to be sick until we get it 'fixed'. Thought we did that, right? Me too!

Anyway, the old 'extra' ureter apparently provided pressure to the kidney which made it to where the urine did not go back up. Now that it is gone, the ureter and the pressure, she is experiencing reflux on the right ureter and kidney.

Dr. Rich says that he wants to do a procedure where they go in with a scope and inject something behind the bladder to apply pressure to it. Kind of like putting a pillow under you. He says that it will 'hopefully' work. I guess that this less invasive procedure is better than going in like before, but I imagine that they will have to if this doesn't fix this new problem.

I'll tell you what, this girl of mine is a trooper! I have prayed for her, like I know most of you have and continue to do. I know she will be okay, but I keep finding myself going back to words and an impression that I received when she got a blessing. She will be made well. I also felt in my blessing that she would be made well, but that the path to that might be 'rocky'. I believe that this is what I would call 'rocky'.

The path to get to the first surgery was rough. Constant antibiotics and trips to the hospital when she got sick anyway. Now this. Trips to the hospital, antibiotics and still sick!

I don't know how I could handle this without having the blessings that we have received. I KNOW we are in His hands. For that, I am EXTREMELY grateful.

7 people said:

Laurel said...

What a sweet little girl. I'm so sorry this path has been rocky for you! But she is definitely lucky to have you guys as her parents.

Higleys said...

I'm so sorry she has to deal with this again. She is a sweet girl and we love her dearly. We will pray for her and that her doctors will be guided. I'm so glad you are aware of your child and her needs.

nanamoo said...

poor baby again...

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

I am glad they have found the problem faster this time. I know she is a blessing in all of our lives.

Kirstie said...

She sure is a trooper! Hope she feels better. she is in our prayers. You are too.

Megan said...

so sad! hope she gets better! well be on our knees for her!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear she's sick again :-( We're thinking of you. Michelle