Monday, July 21, 2008

The Price is Right!

Carole and I got up at 4:00 this morning to go to the Price is Right. You have to request tickets online. Then, all that does is give you the "chance" to go to the show. You have to get there REALLY early and sit around and wait all day. No, I'm not kidding, ALL DAY!
We got to the line outside the studio's at 5:30 this morning and we were still numbers 189 and 190. That just meant that we got to wait even longer to see if we could get in. If large groups come, you get bumped.
I was pretty excited.
After a VERY long day, we did make it in. You had a very brief thing they call an interview where they ask you in groups of 15 or so your name, where you're from and what you do. A woman in our group got picked and I could tell that she was going to. I told her afterwards that she would be picked and sure enough, she was!
This is what Gail and Mom did while we were gone. They stayed in the hotel in bed all day. Carole and I stopped at Inn and Out Burger for dinner. We took some home for the sleepy heads. Tasty stuff I'm telling 'ya! I refer to this day as the Robert and Maria Valentich day. Robert LOVES Inn and Out Burger and Maria is a die hard Price is Right fan. I had a great time you guys, thanks for all the tips. :)

1 people said:

Maria said...

Just reading that I feel jealous all over again:(