Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I couldn't get out of bed!

I don't think that I wanted to go into the office today. I just had the hardest time dragging myself out of the bed! I am trying to work in the office each day this week since we will be in Ft. Myers next week. Aislinn asks several times a day when we are going to the beach. It will be a very needed get-away!

Last night for FHE, Kerstyn was in charge of the lesson and Brennan was in charge of the music. We had FHE at the pool and Kerstyn decided to teach the lesson on being helpful. She talked about how we can be nice, then she followed up with helping each of the kids do something that they wanted to do. It was so sweet! I might have a little teacher on my hands. :)

Aislinn requested Popcorn Poppin' and Brennan requested Once there was a Snowman. Those are favorites of the Shipley children and I just love to see them smile the whole time they sing.

We had a nice little lesson and I was pleasantly surprised at how well they all did. FHE is not usually fun, maybe the key is having it around the pool?

4 people said:

Janet said...

Pretty soon you guys will be sleeping by the pool. :) I love Kerstyn's lesson.

Stephanie said...

I love singing those songs too! How fun to have FHE by the pool. I enjoy reading about your wonderful family!

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

Those are the moment that keep you going. What did ya'll do before you had the pool? Ha Ha

Anonymous said...

EVERYTHING is better around a pool!