President Carter shared a little with us today at the end of sacrament meeting about his experience at Philmont. He told how President Erickson was always behind him as they hiked 70 miles and that he would listen for his footsteps and find comfort and peace in knowing that he 'had his back'. President Carter related it to the Savior always having our back.
I had Brennan move over next to me in the pew as President Carter was talking. Brennan, Chris and I had an amazing opportunity to spend time together at the Jamboree. Time that I know will impact our lives and relationship forever. I asked Brennan who had his back at the Jamboree. (He went with a troop that was not LDS. The council put the boys together.) He said, "nobody". Then paused and asked, "in my troop?" I responded, "At the Jamboree, Brennan, who had your back, like President Carter is talking about?" He then responded with a tear in his eye, "Dad. You and Dad had my back".
Yes.
I testified to him that we would ALWAYS have his back and so would the Savior. I am so proud of him.
Can you tell?


5 people said:
like
I am so glad you shared that on the blog...I was so moved when you shared it with me in person at church today.
That is good.
What a sweet moment. You guys are amazing parents.
Good
Post a Comment