I'm not really sure if I am excited about the kids going back to school on the 23rd. We've had a pretty busy summer, but we've had a good time too.
Brennan has been doing scout things most of the summer. One week at Eagle Encampment, one week at Scout Camp and 12 days gone with the National Jamboree. I've seen more growth in Brennan this summer than ever. I saw a shirt at the Jamboree that someone was wearing that I really liked and as I type this, it makes me think that it is exactly what Brennan has experienced this summer. The shirt said, "Scouting isn't about the knots. Physically strong, Mentally awake, Morally straight." That sums up where Brennan has grown this year. He is physically stronger, more mentally awake and continuing on his morally straight path. Good things are happening, I sure hope they continue.
Kerstyn has really become a pre-teen. She'll turn 12 in November and she is physically as big as I am. She is super excited about going to middle school and I know that she will do well. Kerstyn was a great big help to her grandma during the move and I was really proud of what a great job she did. She and I have a very similar personality, so sometimes we get 'grumpy' with each other. She did start piano this summer though and is loving every minute of it. I think she's going to be great.
Lauklan is looking forward to third grade. He wants to be big like Brennan and do all the fun scouting things that he is getting to do. We have to constantly tell him, that when he is Brennan's age, he can do those things. He is a great helper around the house, he loves projects and working with his daddy. This boy is gonna be great!
Greyson is excited about becoming a Tiger Cub this fall. He isn't too sure however about first grade. He will do great though. He is starting to read and is still unsure about his ability to do well. I know, however, that he is going to do great. He is super sensitive and very caring. His kindergarten teacher said he was awesome! I have to agree.
Aislinn. Well, Aislinn is something else! That girl thinks she is 13, not 5. She is more than excited to start kindergarten and almost every day asks me how much longer until the first day of school. She is a spit fire! She'll be reading in no time and she is like Kerstyn in the aspect of wanting to know everything that is going on. You're not going to get anything past her, that is for sure.
Wow. The kids are growing up. I'm really glad I just typed all that stuff. It allowed me to focus on each of them a little and remind myself of what a gift each of them are. Now, if I can only not mess them up too much...


1 people said:
you're a great mom. No Doubts!
Post a Comment