Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New rule


Chris and I decided to implement a new homework rule at the house. We are really trying to help Brennan and all the kids for that matter be successful in school.


So the rule is, that you come home from school and sit at the table to do your homework. Brennan and Kerstyn are to devote one hour to homework and or reading time.


Lauklan, Greyson and Aislinn are to do their homework, read and or color for at least 30 minutes and then the other 30 minutes they are to go outside to play or play quietly in their rooms as to not disturb the older children as they finish their work.


Well... you would have thought I was killing Brennan when I told him the rule. He did NOT want to sit at the table. But, he did it. He even survived to live through the night.


Now, will we see improvement? I pray so.


Wow, parenting is hard, hard work! It pulls at heart strings that I didn't even know were there.

4 people said:

Higleys said...

I nominate Melody Shipley for Meanest Mom in the world:) I'm glad he survived. Too Funny. I think it's a great rule.

Laurel said...

Oh man, I've thought so much about how I'm going to do this with my kids. (And I've come up with nothing...) When I get to that point you'll have to share all your experience with me!!

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

I agree, it is much harder to make kids do what they should. It is much easier to just let them play.

Gail said...

When my kids were in elementary school I made them do their homework right away. I guess this means you're technically not the "meanest" mom in the world. It was just too hard to get them to do it later. ;)