Thursday, April 23, 2009

Right now

We had the IV put in today and they ran IV antibiotics. That was not pretty, to say the least!

Dr. Montane came in and talked with me and checked Aislinn out. She got the ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow morning at Arnold Palmer hospital. I have to leave the house around 6:40 in the morning to be there for 7:30 registration and an 8:00 ultrasound.

Dr. Montane said that she would have her nurse call and check on the culture tomorrow, when it should be ready and talk to Dr. Rich, which is the urologist that performed Aislinn's surgery in December.

We have to go back tomorrow afternoon to have another round of the antibiotics done through the IV. Aislinn still has the IV in place so that we can hopefully avoid having to do another stick tomorrow.

We did not have a fever until about a hour or two ago. It has creeped up to 101.6 again. I know that it doing that is NOT a good sign. Especially that she is pumped full of antibiotics.

What is going on here? I really hope that the ultrasound gives the doctors some information that is greatly needed to address the issue at hand.

Please know that your prayers are felt and greatly appreciated.

Just as last time, great friends have stepped in without hesitation to offer support and shuttle kids. It brings me to tears just thinking about it. To say that I am humbled and grateful for their service to our family would be a great understatement!

4 people said:

nanamoo said...

We love you all and will keep your sweet baby in our prayers.

Janet said...

I'm sorry all this is happening to poor Aislinn. I'm sure you will get some answers soon. I wish we lived closer to help out, but we will definitely pray for her.

Danette Garrett said...

I wish that we were there to help. Please know that we love and care about you and your family. We will keep you in our prayers.

Kirstie said...

we are praying for her and your family.