Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tallahassee, Day 2

We woke up this morning and headed to church. Aislinn would not let Chris or I leave her in nursery, so I stayed in there for the two hours with her. Leaving there, I was a bit down because I was feeling a little, spirit deprived, we'll say. I was sitting in Sacrament meeting thinking, well, I didn't do my job today and seek out the spirit. You're probably thinking that I still had all of sacrament to be spiritually fed, but I have a really hard time getting to pay attention to the speakers because I am dealing with the children.

HOWEVER, the special musical number was up and all of the youth and their leaders went to the front. I got a big grin on as soon as I saw the person that was leading them because I could tell by the way that he was standing and holding his hands that he knew what he was doing. As soon as the music started, I was in tears. It was BEAUTIFUL! The girls started by singing part of the hymn "As Daughters in Zion" and later the boys came in with the song "We'll Bring the World His Truth". After church, I went up to the Brother that conducted the music and I found out that he is getting his doctorate from FSU in band. We knew several of the same people and it was neat. I asked him if I could have a copy of the music and he told me that I could have as much as I wanted, so I scooped up a few copies of my own and headed my merry way to the car.

The rest of the day was spent with family and relaxing, well as relaxing as it can be with 7 kids running around. Kenney made chicken and rice for dinner with broccoli and green beans. It was tasty to say the least. Then, after the kids were down for the night, Kenney and I ran over to to take Nana and Pa Sim some dinner and we just had to get another dozen doughnuts! The light was on, what can I say?

4 people said:

nanamoo said...

That sounds like a very cool song!

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

I need to give you a new name about the doughnuts! Silly girl!

Anonymous said...

You're making me crave donuts now!! You, goof!! I miss you!

Kyle said...

I was thinking about Krispy Kreme doughnuts today. Yummy... Sounds like a neat trip to Tally. I'd like to go back someday too...