Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ward conference, birthday celebration and homecoming

This morning started out a little early for me. It was ward conference for the Eustis ward. I am probably one of just a few people that look forward to the meetings, but they are always fun for me.

Primary ran quite smoothly today, thank goodness. I always hope that it will go well when we are being visited by the stake leaders. Who wants to mess up in front of them? Not that they care, but still.

The main thing that stood out to me today was that we need to minister to "the one". I will try and make sure that I have that in my mind and do my best to achieve that. During senior sharing time, I only had 2 children, but we had a great discussion about the Holy Ghost. I thought it was great because the children had the opportunity to tell about a time that they felt the spirit. Both Ethan and Kerstyn had sweet things to share. Have I said lately how much I LOVE my calling?

Mom and Dad got here around 3:30 to bring Brennan home. I think Brennan had a blast, so now back to reality for him! No more sleeping in until 11 and staying up until midnight. No more eating anything and everything he wants. You get the idea! It's nice to have our family complete again, but I am so glad that the children have the opportunity to spend one on one time with Mom and Dad.

On top of bringing Brennan home, we celebrated Mom's birthday that is coming on Wednesday. I bought Mom a cake from Publix yesterday and we sang to her. I hope that she enjoyed it.
Mom and the kids
Happy 66th Birthday (on Wednesday) Mom/Yoo-Ma!


Have I mentioned lately how big Ooh-Rah is getting and that he is scared of practically everything? He cracks me up! Here is this big, mean looking dog and he's scared of his own shadow!

2 people said:

Laurel said...

Mmmmm! Publix cake! I really miss those!! :)

Anonymous said...

Melody,
I had a wonderful time! Thanks so much. The cake was delicious. I enjoyed being with all of you. Also, I really enjoyed having Kerstyn, Lauklan, and Brennan with me three weeks this summer. I love all of you so much.
Mom