Sunday, July 18, 2010

A first and some comments

Brennan gave his first talk during sacrament meeting today. I believe that he did a great job. He spoke clearly and slowly and on a topic that he has a testimony of, the Holy Ghost. I had to sit behind him on the stand today because the choir sang prelude music and a special musical number. I was a little embarrassed though because I sat back there super emotional.

I was thinking this among other things: Wow, my oldest child, a son, holding the priesthood, is up there speaking and bearing his testimony. I pray as his mother that I don't mess him up too much. I want nothing more than eternal family.

Next: I had a semi-meltdown today in Primary. I was filling in for Debbie and doing the music instead of playing the piano and I failed. Miserably. My children were acting up and I ended up having to take Aislinn out in the middle of a song. I then dealt with Lauklan who was already out in the hallway with his teacher because he couldn't seem to behave either.

I was embarrassed and upset. Still am. :(

Chris and Brennan are in Winter Garden right now at Brennan's last Jamboree Troop meeting. He leaves for Virginia this Saturday. I'm excited and worried at the same time. I pray, and I mean literally pray, that he will be safe and make memories of a lifetime.

Finally: While sitting at the kitchen table a few minutes ago, Greyson was playing with and adjusting his new "Woody" doll. Aislinn proceeds to ask him, "Greyson, do you like that new Woody? To which Greyson replies, "No, I LOVE it!"

Cute.

2 people said:

Higleys said...

Sorry Primary was rough. Btw I don't think you failed. Even though we have callings sometimes MOM has to step in and you did what you needed to do.

Laurel said...

I'm sorry Primary didn't go well. But I'm glad you got to hear Brennan's talk. I'm sure it was amazing.