Right now, it still seems kinda surreal. I don't even know where to begin.The meeting was powerful.
The spirit was amazingly strong.
The choir was better than ever.
I am humbled and honored to have been able to participate in this day.
Mom came over and Elder Andersen even mentioned something in his message that was just for her. He gave us all words or encouragement.
Elder Andersen made it a point to shake my hand after the meeting. He told me how wonderful the music was and how talented I am. I couldn't believe, and I still can't believe, how kind he was to me.
Kerstyn and Grandma shook Elder Andersen's hand separately from the other 4 kids. Grandma told Elder Andersen that Kerstyn was 'the choir director's daughter' and Elder Andersen again complemented me to her. Wow!
I stood in line with Brennan, Lauklan, Greyson and Aislinn. The boys didn't want to get in line and shake his hand. That upset me, to be honest, but I told them that they were going to shake the hand of an Apostle of the Lord and that one day, they will be glad that I had them do it.
The line was long and they waited fairly patiently. When it was finally our turn, I said to Elder Andersen, "Elder Andersen, these are a few of my children and I wanted them to be able to shake your hand". He shook each one of their little hands and looked them in the eye. He spoke to each of them individually and told them how talented their mother was and how blessed they are to have me. Can you believe that? I could have fallen to the floor. Then, he turned to me again, took my hand, and thanked me for a wonderful job.
Wow.
This day, is one I will remember forever.
As if all that wasn't enough, President Carter called this afternoon to thank me for the music. He also called to thank Chris for all his efforts with the parking.
We are both happy to serve.


3 people said:
I knew you could do it! Your faith alone gave you the tools to be successful and once you add the spirit you had an undeniable combination! And a testimony of an apostle of the Lord to prove it! I am so happy for you!
We saw Chris when we came in and he was smiling a big welcome smile. It was so nice to see. Were you as Amazed by the last song as I was. The choir was good the whole time but the final Hymn before the congregation had joined sounded like a whole concourse, not just us , you know?
I'm glad things went so well! I've been thinking about you all weekend. And it's true-- you are very talented.
Post a Comment