Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wonder what my job is?

It would be this!
If you click on 'this' you will be linked to Elder L. Tom Perry's talk in conference titled "Mothers Teaching Children In The Home".
I was moved by many of the talks in General Conference and I can't wait to read them all again. I was overwhelmed with the feeling that our leaders are very worried about our children.
That worries me.
Here are a few of the statements in that talk that stuck out to me:
"Parents must resolve that teaching in the home is a most sacred and important responsibility."
"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes..."
"The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home."
"Teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ in the home adds another layer of insulation to protect our children from worldly influences."
What is great about that though is the fact that while they are worried, they follow that concern with specific instruction on how to help them. I pray that I do my part.
I encourage all of you to study their words too.

1 people said:

Laurel said...

I felt a little worried, too. But like you said, our leaders know what's up and they offer perfect advice to help us get through. Being a mom is such a huge responsibility!