How did you meet your spouse? We met at a party of fellow singles ward people in December 1992. He called me on my birthday, March 3, 1993 and left me a message wishing me a happy birthday and he always joked with me saying, "I call you all the time to ask you out and you're never home." So, I told him, "no message, no call". He also said that I was always dating someone, which was true. So, when I broke up with the last boyfriend, I got brave and walked up to him and told him that I was single and ready to go on a date and he slammed me by replying, "What, you were married?" I was devastated! Then, the next Sunday, I went back for more and bet him that he wouldn't call me 7 times before the next Sunday and they had to be one call a day, not 7 on Saturday night. If I didn't answer, he had to leave a message, remember, "no message, no call". He missed Wednesday, and we set up to go to game night on Thursday night. I stood him up! So, I called him on Friday and begged for another chance. He gave it to me! :) That was September 17, 1993. We were engaged on October 17, 1993 and married January 29, 1994. I LOVE HIM!
Where did you go on your first date? To a movie and my roommate went too. She even sat in the front seat and I was in the back!
How long have you been together? 14 years and almost 7 months.
Who eats more? Depends...
Who said I love you first? Chris
Who is taller? Chris, by far. I am vertically impaired!
Who sings better? Me
Who is smarter? I say him, but he'd probably say me.
Who does the laundry? Me, I don't think Chris even knows where the washer and dryer are. :)
Who does the dishes? The dishwasher
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you are facing the bed at the foot of it, I do. Chris made me pick when we got married, and it's not allowed to change!
Who pays the bills? Me, but only because he has other stuff that he can make money doing. He makes it, I spend it...
Who mows the lawn? The lawn service.
Who cooks dinner? Me, if I don't then they all eat peanut butter on a spoon. I'm serious, ask the kids.
Who drives when you are together? Usually me because I am an awful passenger and Chris rather I drive so he doesn't have to deal with me!
Who is more stubborn? Depends on the issue.
Who is the first to admit when they’re wrong? Usually me.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me first and I still remember how my heart skipped a beat.
Who proposed? He did even though he says that I told my roommate we were getting married before he knew we were. I guess we communicate differently?
Who is more sensitive? We are both very sensitive, but in different ways and areas.
Who has more friends? Neither of us have any friends. (You know, it's one of my 'issues'.)
Who has more siblings? Chris. He has 3, one brother and 2 sisters. I have 2 brothers.
Who wears the pants? He does, every day!
OK, so I'm going to tag... Kasey and Janet
Thursday Yamagandam
2 years ago


8 people said:
you weirdo...I'm your friend!
we share that 'issue'. let's be friends!
oh, shoot. :)
So, like, can friends be related to you? :-P
Chris and José should get together. He always says he does not have any friends and the girls work hard on finding him one. I guess I don't know what his idea of friendship.
Yeah, you played... how fun to learn more about you two...
If I'm not your friend, why'd you tag me, goofball? :)
You were such a hard-to-get-mama! I loved reading your story of how you met.
And do you know, I've never been tagged? I feel a little excited and nervous at the same time. :)
Post a Comment