Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

This beautiful Easter morning was started off by my parents coming over to meet Ooh-Rah and then going to sacrament meeting with us. They drove 2 hours and 15 minutes one way so that they could hear Kerstyn sing a special musical number.

Kerstyn did GREAT! She got up there in front of the whole congregation and sang like a 'big girl'. I never heard her do as good of a job as she did in sacrament meeting. She had all of us crying. Papa started right from the beginning and Chris lost it in the second verse. I held it together until she was done but then lost it myself. She sang 'I wonder when he comes again'. Click on the title of the song and you can hear it from the church website.

I love the whole song, but the second verse is just beautiful:
I wonder when he comes again, will I be ready there? To look upon his loving face and join with him in prayer? Each day I'll try to do his will, and let my light so shine, that others seeing me may seek for greater light divine. Then when that blessed day is here, he'll love me and he'll say, "You've served me well, my little child; come unto my arms to stay!"

Now you see why we were all crying, right?

It was a treat for me this afternoon because lunch was provided by Chris, hot dogs and hamburgers. I know, it's not the traditional Easter meal, but the key was that I didn't have to make it! Good!

Later in the afternoon, Chris's dad and Kenney came by. We had a short, but nice visit with them and Alyssa.

2 people said:

nanamoo said...

Kerstyn did a beautiful job...such a sweet girl!

BoSox said...

Very pretty tune.