Today during closing exercises, Maria was talking with the primary children about being thankful. Several of the children had comments and/or questions and they were really paying attention. At the very end, Maria needed to wrap it up, and she said the last question or comment would be Kerstyn's. I was sitting in the row in front of Kerstyn with Jared and Lauklan, and I hear from a familiar voice, "Mommy brought me home on Thanksgiving Day."
I looked up and Maria looked at me to see if it was accurate, and it was. As I heard that out of my dear daughter's voice, a sweet spirit touched my heart and I teared up. As did Maria, and Sister Lugo as I looked at them.
What a blessing each of my children are in my life. Thanksgiving has not been the same since that day in 1998. I did bring Kerstyn home from the hospital on that day. I thought then, and still do now, that it was a really neat thing, to bring a child home for the first time on Thanksgiving Day.
Just thought I would share that with you. I am so thankful for the blessing of the spirit. That I can feel it often and know what it is. It keeps me safe, comforts me, and is a friend.
Thursday Yamagandam
2 years ago


5 people said:
I agree that is was such a sweet moment and made several of us tear up. You have a sweet little girl!
She is beautiful and I love her so much.
Mom
sounds like a priceless moment!!its great that you wrote about it because everytime you read it those sweet feelings will be there!
Ok... made me tear up, too, and I wasn't even there!! You are amazing!!
Karen :-)
ahhhh...so adorable
Post a Comment