Monday, November 12, 2007

In Observance of Veteran's Day


Today Chris's office is closed in observance of Veteran's Day. At the last office, the employees would sometimes decide that they wanted to work today and get another day off at Christmas. Chris downright refused to do that! Now that he has his own office, he can do whatever he wants. And he does.

I feel that I need to take this opportunity to tell the veterans that are close to me how thankful I am for them.

Chris - served in Operation Desert Storm and Operation Desert Shield in 1990 - 1991 as an Army Medic. I was still in high school, but I remember how I was concerned about the United States being at war. Not knowing Chris at the time was a good thing. I am sure that I would of been a basket case if I knew that my future husband was over in the war. I love you Chris, you are certainly MY hero!
Daddy (Jim Cottingham) - Served on an aircraft carrier during Vietnam. I know that you are great Daddy. Thank you for serving our country.
Ryan (my nephew genetically, but like a brother) - Served in the Army in the 82nd Airborne in Operation Iraqi Freedon twice and Afghanistan once. Ryan, you are a true soldier and a wonderful person.

Chris, Daddy and Ryan - thank you for your sacrifice and dedication to the United States. You are an example to many. Also, thanks to all the others that have served and are serving our country.

2 people said:

Ashlea said...

Dido Melody!!

Brianna said...

happy veterans day