Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Just awful!

I had a relief society meeting tonight which I totally forgot about until my sweet mother in law sent me an email and reminded me. Because I feel that I should do my best to attend my meetings, I went, even though I was late.
I knew that Chris had client appointments scheduled until 7 which meant that he should be able to leave the office by 8. So, I had the kids all showered and bathed and the last few eating and I ran off to my meeting.
I texted Chris about 7:30 and told him that I was leaving the house, thinking all the while that he should be there in about 30 minutes at the latest. However, I called all the kids together before I left and told them to be in bed by 8 if Daddy was home or not. I mean, seriously, the older 2 are 14 and 12 and all they have to do is make it 30 minutes. Right? Wrong!
At around 8:20, I started getting text after text from Brennan and Kerstyn telling me who was being bad and what was going on. It's after 8! They are supposed to be in bed. Nope.
So, I had to leave my meeting and go home. Of course they were in bed by the time I arrived, but I called them out and went on my rant. It wasn't pretty.
I called Chris on my way on his cell. No answer. So, I called the office phone. No answer. I looked at the office on my way home and he was there. FRUSTRATING!!!
Finally after I got all the kids in bed and was certainly at my limit, Chris calls about 9. I was trying to be nice, but really, it was hard. I told him, again, how important it was that he answer me when I call. I can understand the text, because if it is really important, I'm going to call. But, I really need him to answer the phone when I call. He said that his cell was in his office and he was still with clients at almost 9 p.m.
All I can say is that we're having a family meeting in the morning and that we can't get on that ship soon enough on Sunday morning. Take me away! Literally.

1 people said:

Higleys said...

Sorry, My tuesday was horrendious as well. If you didn't see me it's because I was in the nursery since I did not get coverage for the meeting (my assignment). I hope you enjoyed what you got!.