Saturday, February 19, 2011

Youth Conference and Solo and Ensemble

The oldest two kids and I were up bright and early this moring. Brennan had to be dropped off at the church for his first Youth Conference at 7:30. He will be spending the night next two nights at a host home and spending the next 3 days doing church things. I'm pretty excited for him.

I had to take Greyson and Lauklan up to the church this afternoon for an activity for the children aged 6 - 11 that the youth were doing for them. When I picked them up, Brennan was pretty upset. That, of course, upset me. I told him to call after he got to the host home and he did. He was doing a little better at that time. But, he did tell us that he did need a sleeping bag and a right dress shoe. He appartently took two left dress shoes. So, Mom to the rescue! I delivered a sleeping bag and a right dress shoe to the church. I had a really bad headache, and ended up going to the wrong meeting place, but in the end, he got his stuff and he ended up having a better time.

After I dropped off Brennan, I headed to Tavares High School to drop off Kerstyn for her first ever Solo and Ensemble Competition. She was going to play a French Horn duet and a Piano solo. I took this picture after I picked her up around 3. She got an excellet score in both of her pieces. I was quite proud of her considering it was her first time. Way to go Kerstyn!

4 people said:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Brennan enjoyed his Youth Conference & that Kerstyn did so well. I know that she will even do better next year.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Awesome job, Kerstyn!! :) And I'm glad Brennan's dilemma worked out for him! You are a GREAT mom, Mel!! Loves!! :)

Laurel said...

Ahhh....Solo and Ensemble. :) Congrats on the awesome score!

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

You add pictures and more stuff after you already posted things and then I miss things. What am I going to do with you, goofy :)I have to keep up!