Last night was our ward temple night. We were supposed to attend the 7 p.m. session. Well, I didn't have anyone to watch the kids. Our babysitters were either out of the country, working, out of the state, or already committed to someone else. So, I was thinking that we wouldn't be able to make it. But... I couldn't get it off my mind! Usually, if I can't find someone to watch the kids or it just doesn't work out for us to attend the temple, I just plan another trip some other time and we go. (That is one of the blessings of living so close.) Not so this time, I knew that for some reason, we had to go last night. I called and pondered and prayed, and I got the Mathews girls to watch the kids.
Chris and I headed off to the temple and I got dressed and was waiting for Chris to come out so we could head upstairs. As soon as I got in the hallway and looked up the stairs at the couple coming down, I saw Chris' mom. It was WONDERFUL! We hugged and teared up. It was just a great feeling to see them in the temple of all places.
As we were there, I just couldn't help feeling so thankful for the temple and the opportunity that I had to be there. What a wonderful place where you can forget about the world and refocus on the really 'important' things!
Chris and I re-committed to going every month.
I know why we were supposed to go. I can only say, I Love to See the temple and even more, I love to go inside. I look forward to the day that I can be in there with our children, I want nothing more than to be an eternal family.
It makes me want to sing the children's song I Love to See the Temple with the words:
I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday. To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray. For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young, this is my sacred duty.
I love to see the temple. I'll go inside someday. I'll covenant with my Father; I'll promise to obey. For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together. As a child of God, I've learned this truth: A family is forever.
Thursday Yamagandam
2 years ago


3 people said:
Oh, I am sorry. We'll be back on the 6th. We'll make it up to you!
<3 Nashua
I'm glad you you were able to go. You sound so uplifted!
I'm so glad that it all worked out for you. I know how bad you wanted to go as you called me 3 times for suggestions, telephone numbers, etc. I was going to offer to come and watch them, but I had Taylor and it wouldn't have worked out. It is my wish to go with my children one day too.
Post a Comment