Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Watch out!

I have been baking and have plans to do more baking and cooking. Something MUST be wrong.

Today Kerstyn and I made Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. It is a Pampered Chef recipe and it is really tasty. I also made some brownies, just ones out of the box, but I made them!

Tomorrow, after my dreaded dentist appointment, I hope to make some more goodies. Maybe a couple of Chess Pies and some Spinach Artichoke Dip. I know that they don't sound good together, but you don't eat them together, so never fear!

As long as I can read a recipe, and follow it, they turn out great.

The chess pie tradition comes from my maternal grandmother. I am not sure how far before that, but I am at least sure of her. There was never a Thanksgiving or Christmas without them. I think that it is a 'southern thing'. The pie is mainly sugar with a few eggs, evaporated milk, a tad of cornmeal, and maybe something else but tastes great with Cool Whip. Did I peak your interest?

Watch out Martha Stewart!

4 people said:

Kyle said...

Sorry about the visual on my blog of the psycho dentist. I hope you have a great trip to the dentist! Your Christmas tree looks beautiful! And you did peak my interest about the Chess pies--so you may have to post that recipe!
I love baking too, but then I just eat it all. I'm sure with five kids you can bake and it disappears quickly!

Janet said...

Do you deliver to the Daytona Beach area? :)

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! You are just becoming that Molly Mormon!!!!!!

Megan Berge said...

Aww! sounds so cool! u always make my mouth water and my face smile! Have a happy holidays! love ya mel

-megan