
Our Christmas tree without any of the ornaments. You should see it now, with all of the great stuff Chris, Lauklan and Greyson got for it!
Earlier in the day, Chris played horseshoes with several of the men in the neighborhood. They have formed this horseshoe group and they get together once a month to play. Chris says that he is no good, but I just hope he has a good time and can forget about work for a little while.
While Chris was off playing horseshoes, I was busy putting the LED icicle lights on the roof around the front door. Why, you ask, am I just putting them on the eaves around the front door? Because, they are 17 bucks a string and we needed 4 strings just to do the front door area! So, I will buy more and more as we go, but since the 'regular' icicle lights are just around 7 or 8 bucks for a box, you can see that they are much more affordable. However, when Chris, aka. Tim Allen, saw the LED lights, we HAD to have them, the others just simply wouldn't do!
Funny note about the lights. Chris put them up earlier in the morning while I was out doing returns at the stores and Kerstyn was at a birthday party. I knew that he was working on the lights, and I was glad. However, when I got home, they weren't up. They were just laying on the ground near the entry. Odd? So, I asked him what was going on and he said that he put them up but when he attached the extension cord, they all came down! You know how they come down so easy, just a little pull and they all just came right down. So, I was perplexed. I hung them last year, and they didn't do that! I just told him not to worry, thanks for trying. But, I just couldn't help myself. I hung them again and got them to stay up. He didn't take some of the weight off the extension cord by hanging it on the eaves too. He just attached it, but the weight pulled them right down. :)


2 people said:
he is lucky to have you around:)
That is funny. I can see Chris now having no clue!
Holly
Post a Comment