Today during the third hour of church, we were in a 'parenting class' taught by President Carter. I was glad to be invited into the class, because it consists of the parents of the 12 - 18 year olds, but the Bishop asked Chris and I to attend because we had one coming up soon. I responded with a thank you, because I can use all the help parenting that I can get!
We discussed ONE topic today. It was the first of 12 key issues that President Carter plans to talk with us about during the next several weeks. The first topic was that parenting is not easy! That, I do know without a doubt! I don't know how many times since I have become a parent, and a whole lot more since our children are getting older, that I have said, "This parenting thing isn't for wimps"!
Also mentioned was something that I have said a lot in the last 3 years, since I have been Primary President. It was said how important it is to be valiant in your service in Primary. It was mentioned how the children are so eager and malleable in those years and how we need good teachers and leaders for them. I must say again how I love serving the children. They are so sweet, their testimonies so strong, their faith so pure! I do know that my life is blessed by the opportunity to serve the children, my own children and the Eustis ward children. I know that Heavenly Father lifts me up and guides my counselors and me to do what He wants done.
Okay, back to the original topic. Needless to say, the class was wonderful today and Chris and I both commented that we look forward to the ones coming up.
Thursday Yamagandam
2 years ago


3 people said:
My husband will be so pleased when I tell him about your blog.
Well, Melody, I was having a bad day Sunday. Your kids made my day though. First of all, I thought Lauklen was funny holding up this piece of paper with a grin on his face. The paper went: I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM -Lauklen James Shipley. Hilarious! Well then Aislynn gave me some cute little faces and I was dying with laughter! I am so happy your family cheers me up! Love ya and your family,
Megan B
My mom and I were talking about your youngest and CHEESIEST! ASISLYNN! I think I spelled that right! Well anyways we were laughing at how she will smile and her smile is this BIG smile that shows all her teeth and my mom says it is almost an ANGRY smile but it is SO cute! I just want to say AISLYNN is soooo cute! And I luv that sweetie pie! She make me laugh!
Megan B.
Post a Comment