Wednesday, December 12, 2007

House cleaning

I have decided that my Christmas present will be my house being cleaned by someone other than me. So... I set off asking and calling people that supposedly clean houses for a living.

I had it cleaned today by a cleaning company. It's better, don't get me wrong, but shouldn't THEY know how to clean better than I do? For example, I had to ask them to open up the microwave and clean inside it. Secondly, the bathroom sink in the boys bathroom was not totally clean AND the tub was not wiped all around the rim! Now that I am writing this, I want to go check behind the toilets. Maybe I shouldn't though, I just might get more upset. :(

Maybe I am just too picky to be pleased and I should either accept what they do, or just do it myself.

Frustrating.

5 people said:

nanamoo said...

call my cleaning lady...she is great and she is looking for another home!!!

Anonymous said...

Next time just give me a call...we could make a game of it!! :-) I would not mind it at all... have I ever told you I cleaned houses during my teens to get money?? I know it was a LONG time ago, but hey, I work for cheap... I enjoy the company!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey you are not crazy! What kind of nut case people don't scrub down EVERYTHING! You actually HAD to ask them to clean stuff! I am glad I wasn't there! I could see you upset because I know I would be! Well like I said in the other comment:

Grab your biscotti and cocoa and enjoy yourself Melody!

-Megan Berge

Ashlea said...

You're not crazy, but it's hard to find people that will do as good as you do. Inside the microwave and around the tub...give me a break, you at least want to leave the place looking like you attempted to clean things!

Janet said...

I'm admitting defeat and giving myself the same present next week before my in-laws get here. I can't get it done this time without completely ignoring my kids and not doing any fun Christmas stuff with them.