Sunday, November 21, 2010

Elder Rasband

I started my morning of crying in the parking lot. Why, right? Well, I pulled in right behind my mom who surprised me by coming. She had said that she didn't feel up to it, but she ended up making it over and I was so happy to see her.
The choir sang beautifully! We sang prelude starting with I Have Faith, then He Sent His Son, followed by I Know That My Savior Loves Me.
The intermediate hymn that I chose for us to sing was 86, How Great Thou Art. The choir sang verses 1,2 and 4 while Brother Toronto sang a solo on verse 3 then the choir came in for the chorus. I thought it went really well.
Following the intermediate hymn, Elder Rasband stand to speak and come to find out, that is his favorite hymn! I was so glad that I felt we should sing that one. I really love it too. His message was based on family and filled with hope. He quoted 4 different prophets regarding family. The thing that I remember most is his saying in reference to David O. McKay's quote about "No success compensates for failure in the home". We only fail when we quit trying. I agree and find comfort in that because I know that I will never quit trying.
Elder Rasband also visited the Primary children at the end. He spoke with them briefly and mentioned that he was glad to be there. He said something to the effect that he knew that their mommies and daddies work for someone. He had a picture of Jesus Christ in his hand and he said, "I work for him, (referring to Jesus), all day, every day, and I'm glad that I can do that." I am so glad that he does. I'm thankful and blessed by all the people who serve daily. I know that every calling is important and all who serve are blessed.
I'll just say that this Sabbath day was definitely one of hope and thanks. I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to learn today.

1 people said:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed hearing the choir sing so much. You do a wonderful job with them. You are certainly talented in music! I am really glad I heard Elder Rasband speak. It was so impressive. I'm glad I made the special effort to be with you & your family. It really paid off! It was a wonderful experience for me. I'm so proud of you & your family. Mom