Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Struggling

One of the kids had a very rough day today. I was called by their teacher and told that they would be receiving Wednesday school next Wednesday because they were pushing 2 other students. The teacher said that the pushes were angry pushes and they were all being quite aggressive.

I didn't have to fuss at this kid because they were already really torn up about it.

So, I said, "you've learned your lesson, right"? And told them that I expected never to hear something like this again.

About an hour later I get another call from the same teacher saying that they just got a call from a parent saying that my child was kicking their child. Not just once, but ongoing for a while.

Can you believe that?

Needless to say, there is an excuse here. So and so kicked me and told me to pass it on at lunch, etc, etc.

I explained AGAIN how we are not to touch others.

Who knows! Then on top of it all the teacher proceeds to tell me that my child is not acting like they usually do and that my child seems sad and the teacher is "worried" about them.

Seriously!

What is going on?

Am I totally screwing my kids up or what?

3 people said:

Laurel said...

You are such a wonderful mother, and you have really great kids! Don't get down on yourself. I'm sure your child was just having a hard time and that "this too shall pass." I'm starting to learn what a tough thing this free agency stuff is, but I think you and your family are truly amazing!

Higleys said...

What makes you think you're screwing him/her up? This is a chance to figure out what is going on. At least you know that something is happening and you can watch for it. I know you'll find a way to teach them and love them and help them make the right decision. Maybe remind them about their CTR ring and have them wear it to remind them if they don't already. Struggle brings growth (not fun but ...). Good luck. Laurel is right free agency is tough.

Megan said...

oh please! i got in a few teeny tiny fights at there age!! its just a phase, they will get out of it...u know, some of it might not even be true?! ur kids are usually angels!! ur a great mom...just give them extra attention and that child will get back on the ball in no time :) ur a fabulous mommy and ur family is great too!!! we <3 you and ur fam!