Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pure craziness!

I guess you won't be surprised to hear that things have been VERY busy here at the Shipley house! I haven't even had time to really write on my blog which makes me sad.
The good out of that is that things are going along in a pretty usual manner. Which means that everyone is 'doing their thing'.

Let's see...

Chris is...working, working, working.

Melody is ...working, exercising, taxi driving, homework helping, etc.

Brennan is... (going to do me in!) no, going to school, keeping his room neat as he says, but I say messy. He is starting to get excited about the National Jamboree for Boy Scouts next summer, he thinks it is really cool that the President and the Secret Service will be there.

Kerstyn is... trying to get over a cold and doing well in school. She signed up for chorus and Orff group again and is going to do the art club too.

Lauklan is... entertaining! He really likes going to school and is doing pretty well. He seems to be quite athletic and would really like to play basketball but I just don't know how I can get him to all of that.

Greyson is... adjusting to 'big boy school'. I had a conference with Mrs. Platt yesterday, and she says he is doing fine. He needs to work on his letters and sounds, but it will come. He did, however, already ruin his tennis shoes. Boys! I had to run to the store yesterday to buy him another pair. Crazy!

Aislinn is... well, Aislinn! Gotta love her, I'll tell ya! She is doing pretty well, she is so much like me. She knows all the kids in her school, all the cars that their parents drive, etc. A little teacher. I'm afraid that she is getting Kerstyn's cold though. I sure hope not.

As you see, all is... normal. At least normal for us.
I feel blessed to know that my family can be forever. If I didn't know that, and yes, I mean 'know', I don't know if I could, or would, make it through some of our days. This parenting gig is NOT for weaklings. I just pray daily, and sometimes many times a day, that I can do it and that I will raise up good children.

Because, just like I tell the kids all the time, we're Shipleys!

2 people said:

Laurel said...

Amen, sista! Parenting is tough stuff. I think you do a wonderful job though. Your kids (and husband) are so blessed to have you.

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

I guess it is pure craziness if you have not posted in over 10 days!!