Lets see if I can sum it up...
Aislinn was in the hospital again last Sunday through Tuesday. She left with pneumonia, but I really believe that it is NOT what we went in with. She was running a fever that I could not get to break and at 104, I was scared.
So, her nephrologist hospitalized her given that she was diagnosed with a UTI the night before at the Emergency room at Waterman, but the urine sample she gave at Arnold Palmer was negative. They did a renal ultrasound, chest x-ray, VCUG and pelvic area cat scan.
We didn't really get any answers except to find out that she has pneumonia. I really don't think that is why we went there, but nothing else could be found. Many people listened to her breathe from Thursday on and nobody said anything until Monday afternoon. We'll see. After 2 and a half days on 2 IV antibiotics, we went home with oral antibiotics.
On Friday, she started vomiting and I took her to her pediatrician. Dr. Soto, put her on another antibiotic and said that she thought it could be a virus on top of the other issues. MY GOSH!
While all of this was happening, at least initially, Chris was unavailable camping doing his Boy Scout Leadership Training. He was dismissed Sunday around 6 and arrived at the hospital around 7. I was sure glad to see him, as was Aislinn.
Prayers, I know without a doubt, are sustaining Aislinn and our family.
Chris was sustained today to be on the High Council. We are really excited for him and I know that he will be great. He feels really overwhelmed, but I know, yes know, that he will rise to the call and that our family will be blessed because of his service.
I am here. Kinda, well not kinda, really rattled. I am making it day to day and am thankful for that. Just when you think that your plate is as full as it can be, you get something else added. I'm not referring to Chris' new calling, just all the issues with the kids and Aislinn's health.
Prayer and the priesthood keep me going.
Aislinn was in the hospital again last Sunday through Tuesday. She left with pneumonia, but I really believe that it is NOT what we went in with. She was running a fever that I could not get to break and at 104, I was scared.
So, her nephrologist hospitalized her given that she was diagnosed with a UTI the night before at the Emergency room at Waterman, but the urine sample she gave at Arnold Palmer was negative. They did a renal ultrasound, chest x-ray, VCUG and pelvic area cat scan.
We didn't really get any answers except to find out that she has pneumonia. I really don't think that is why we went there, but nothing else could be found. Many people listened to her breathe from Thursday on and nobody said anything until Monday afternoon. We'll see. After 2 and a half days on 2 IV antibiotics, we went home with oral antibiotics.
On Friday, she started vomiting and I took her to her pediatrician. Dr. Soto, put her on another antibiotic and said that she thought it could be a virus on top of the other issues. MY GOSH!
While all of this was happening, at least initially, Chris was unavailable camping doing his Boy Scout Leadership Training. He was dismissed Sunday around 6 and arrived at the hospital around 7. I was sure glad to see him, as was Aislinn.
Prayers, I know without a doubt, are sustaining Aislinn and our family.
Chris was sustained today to be on the High Council. We are really excited for him and I know that he will be great. He feels really overwhelmed, but I know, yes know, that he will rise to the call and that our family will be blessed because of his service.
I am here. Kinda, well not kinda, really rattled. I am making it day to day and am thankful for that. Just when you think that your plate is as full as it can be, you get something else added. I'm not referring to Chris' new calling, just all the issues with the kids and Aislinn's health.
Prayer and the priesthood keep me going.


6 people said:
Congrats to Chris! He'll do a wonderful job. I'm so sorry to hear about Aislinn. She is in our prayers. Hang in there!
I feel a little better now you updated your blog! One day at a time. I have to do that or else I would go crazy here all a lone.
You have been very busy while I have been gone. I hope things settle for you.
glad that aislinn is better, hope they can figure out whats causing these. Yeah those tests are NOT fun at all!
Being called the the office of a high priest is a great blessing. Jose became a greater man than before. His sensitivity to the spirit increased and became an even better father and husband. Chris will be awesome and the blessings will pour to your home (this includes Aislinn).
P.S. Save us a seat on Sundays. We're you new sacrament bench buddies. Yeah! ;-)
You know Mel, I've always heard that you are never given more than you can handle; you must be a VERY strong woman! I commend you for your patience and strength. Life throws us many curve balls, you just seem to be a good hitter!! :) Take care of YOU too, my sweet friend!!
Love you!
Karen
Post a Comment