Our experience in Bermuda was really quite interesting. We stayed in a two and a half star hotel there. It looked like it was new in the twenties or thirties, but it was clean and needless to say, not busy...
Anyway, the view was BEAUTIFUL! We could see the ocean from our room and it was very quiet.
One negative there though was that there was absolutely no food available there. So, if we wanted to eat, we had to take a taxi "to town". While there, we only ate once a day. (Not good for my diet.)
Anyway, after eating at this really neat diner in Hamilton, I went to get us a taxi to see if he would drive us around. He was not interested in "driving us around", but said he would take us to a specific location. Someone had told us to go see Elbow Beach so I asked hit to take us there.
Elbow Beach
The taxi driver ended up taking quite a liking to us and drove us around for a few hours, touring the island, letting us stop to use the restroom and all that good stuff.
Pink sand at one of the beaches. I wish the picture did it justice.

The last stop was to the grocery store so that we could get some food.
When Carole got to the taxi, there was Mom and Kenny, the taxi driver, sitting in the back seat with his arm around Mom. Quite funny...
Our goodies from the grocery store stop. Isn't that quite interesting?
Anyway, Gail and I headed out to the lobby area of the hotel that evening and sat and talked while the sun set. It ended up being something that we did every night we were there.
Anyway, the view was BEAUTIFUL! We could see the ocean from our room and it was very quiet.
One negative there though was that there was absolutely no food available there. So, if we wanted to eat, we had to take a taxi "to town". While there, we only ate once a day. (Not good for my diet.)
Anyway, after eating at this really neat diner in Hamilton, I went to get us a taxi to see if he would drive us around. He was not interested in "driving us around", but said he would take us to a specific location. Someone had told us to go see Elbow Beach so I asked hit to take us there.
Elbow BeachThe taxi driver ended up taking quite a liking to us and drove us around for a few hours, touring the island, letting us stop to use the restroom and all that good stuff.
Pink sand at one of the beaches. I wish the picture did it justice.
The last stop was to the grocery store so that we could get some food.
When Carole got to the taxi, there was Mom and Kenny, the taxi driver, sitting in the back seat with his arm around Mom. Quite funny...
Our goodies from the grocery store stop. Isn't that quite interesting?Anyway, Gail and I headed out to the lobby area of the hotel that evening and sat and talked while the sun set. It ended up being something that we did every night we were there.



3 people said:
i love that belt your wearing!! cute..and what a beautiful paradise!!! lucky!! those pictures are taking me to my happy place..lol
It looks just like Malta, so pretty!
I enjoyed reading about your adventures!
Post a Comment