Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

















I know that President Hinckley was a prophet of God. I know that he lead and guided The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints by divine inspiration. I know that he was inspired to tell us things so that, if we were obedient, would help keep us on the straight and narrow path.

I was truly saddened when I hear the news of his passing for selfish reasons. I will miss hearing his voice and truly enjoying his sense of humor. However, I know that he is with his wife now and very happy. I know that he missed her so very much.

He became the prophet not long after I was baptized and he served so valiantly for so many years. I never met him in person, never stood by his side physically, but I feel that I have been at his feet spiritually many, many times. I know that he is happy and healthy at this moment. I know that I will see him again if I am valiant.

I literally cried this morning when my mother told me of him passing away. I am crying as I type this blog. I know that his life has touched so many people, mine included. May I live my life according to his counsel.

You can click on 'click' to read an article about his passing.

2 people said:

Ashlea said...

What a sweet tribute and testimony of our prophet. I feel the same, Melody and know He is so happy to see his wife again (and so many more) on the other side. Thanks for reminding me again of his sense of humor. I truly love President Hinckley!

nanamoo said...

what a beautiful testimony!