I got a call from Dr. Montane, Aislinn's nephrologist, this morning. She was calling to tell me the results of the VCUG and Aislinn does have Grade 1 reflux. Dr. Montane said that we need to get in as soon as we can to see Dr. Rich, Aislinn's urologist, who also has done all of the previous procedures on Aislinn, as soon as we can. She was optimistic that Aislinn will only need the collagen injection again, however, that is a call that Dr. Rich will make.
Here's how I feel. I am glad that they found something that they can address. Obviously, Aislinn has something going on that keeps getting her sick. However, I am not convinced that doing a procedure that has already been done and now needs to be done AGAIN is going to be sufficient. But, I'm not a urologist, so I will go with what they suggest and we'll see what happens.
Now, we wait to hear when our appointment is and pray that Aislinn doesn't get sick again in the meantime.
This is truly tiring and trying and I'm not even the one that experiences the physical pain of these infections.


7 people said:
I really hope the procedure helps her!
Poor thing...we are worrying about you all.
I can hardly wait for this to get corrected so she can get well and stay well. I love her so much and it hurts me when she hurts!
As her mother, you have just as much (probably more) insight and knowledge into what she may need as her doctors. So you are not a urologist, but you should feel free to express how you feel and find out all the available options moving forward and then YOU get to make the decision, not the doctors.
I hope she gets better soon!
You are such a strong woman! Aislinn is lucky to have you. Trust your instincts-- the Lord will guide you through all this. ((hugs))
Mel, time for a second opinion. I know you have history with these doctors...but I really think you need to push further with someone who will explore other options for cause and treatment. I don't know any of the specifics of her condition or treatment, but your instincts are telling you this isn't enough. Follow them! I love you all. xoxo Mich
I agree, it is tiring.
Holly
Post a Comment