After talking to Dr. Montane, Aislinn's nephrologist, both yesterday and today, she and Dr. Rich, Aislinn's urologist, have decided that Aislinn needs to go through the VCUG test again. I really wasn't happy when I heard it. I pushed and pushed for explanations as to why she needed that test again, and after doing all of the asking to Dr. Montane, I called Dr. Rich and pressed his nurse.
The reason that I am not happy about Aislinn having that test is because it really upsets her. She has to get into a gown, lay on a table, and let them insert a catheter into her and shoot radioactive dye into her bladder. After all of that, she has to urinate on the table. We have had this test done several times before with each time being harder and harder for Aislinn to let it happen. First of all, it hurts. Secondly, she doesn't want anyone around her 'private area'. Lastly, she doesn't want to urinate on a table.
However, this test needs to be done to see if the correction of the previous reflux that she had has failed. They are thinking that this could be the cause of her Urinary Tract Infections and why they are so severe. We will see.
Now, I have to call Arnold Palmer and get her test scheduled and try to figure out how I am going to tell her this information.


0 people said:
Post a Comment